After learning the basics of the chase and the perpendicular quoin, I was sent to replicate what I had seen. I will admit I should've known what I'm about to share previous to this date, but today it clicked. I realized that the wood furniture measures very well with your line gauge and can help one fill the empty spots in your composition to achieve a excellent lockup. Using my new found knowledge I hastily completed my lockup for our accordion fold book. I stowed that away with a threatening message on top of my chase and then wondered what I would occupy myself with next. I could do one of two things, hassle Kyle about his Aerosmith Tee-shirt or make some Druksels. I decided upon the latter, but fortunately, ended up doing both.
Pictured above you might be able to discern a character that I have locked up for my first Druksel test. I gave myself some boundaries of only using numbers and punctuation in its creation. Getting some feedback on it's form I attempted a version with wings and flipped the head around so that the toes of the beast would be facing forward, rather than backward as I originally had it.
Further feedback urged me to discard the wings and return to the flightless creature it was. I tightened up the eyes and brought the head in closer to the body. After this third iteration I felt liberated to print a multitude, and I did so.
I began playing with the orientation of the paper to create a more dynamic number beast. The beast became joyful, kicking in the air with excitement.
The process black seemed to create the most desirable result after trying out white and a lovely salmon color. I opened the floodgates and let the prints pour out. The black bugs filled the drying racks like an infestation; a pleasing, cute kind of infestation.